Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you think...

What do you think is most unique about New Horizon compared to other RPG games?

What do you think is most fun about New Horizon?

Please let me know

Most unique: The races and their history, definitely. Rare to see an RPG where humans are actually the 'ancients'.

Most fun: The freedom to integrate roleplay and creativity easily into gameplay.
    Characters:
    Zebotzei Arevon/Olympian/Current: Season of Gunshots
    Kasper Magellan/Medean/Current:

Blog Entries
    A devilishly handsome lead writer.

The in-depth story, rich character creation, writers that actually listen to their community (not just the whiners), best of all that covers the free stuff available.
    See, I'm Greed. I want everything you can think of. Money and women, power and sex. I want everything this world's selling and eternity's topping the list!

Blog Entries
    Most Unique: The Setting. The races, how their are monarchies that are more democratic and base their society on freedom, and in general how the different societies interact with the distinctly alien world, and how technology blends in with people trying to recreate a past they indeed have had no personal contact with.

Most Fun: Volt. Really, this system allows the best combination of freedom to be creative and following good common sense and the laws of physics.

Wow, thank you! All of you! This is very helpful! We are doing an article for Fenix and stuff like this helps a lot!

And as long as I and that "devilishly handsome writer" are working on this stuff, we'll always listen to anyone wanting to say something about the game, for good or bad, in order to make the game more fun to play!

For me, the most unique thing about NH is the world and setting. You don't just stick with the traditional and established; you built something new. No dwarves, no mecha, no magic.

I do however miss some of the towns and RP opportunities that the other NH had offered. I don't have any notes on them anymore though, but I remember in particular the Neon city that never sleeps that had a sinister dark side. There was also a heavy-industrial city that seemed to border on steampunk that had particularly appealed to me. There are similar towns yes, but the way those had been laid out really spoke to me. Anyways, that's quite a tangent, so back to the topic at hand.

The setting does it for me on the fun-factor as well. The richness and variety of the world offers untold opportunities for RP. It allows for more than just dungeon crawls and its focus is not towards a single story premise. So no post-apocolytia with just a bunch of sad faces, or cyberpunk setting thatís all about getting back at the man; it offers so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehaul View Post
    I do however miss some of the towns and RP opportunities that the other NH had offered. I don't have any notes on them anymore though, but I remember in particular the Neon city that never sleeps that had a sinister dark side. There was also a heavy-industrial city that seemed to border on steampunk that had particularly appealed to me. There are similar towns yes, but the way those had been laid out really spoke to me. Anyways, that's quite a tangent, so back to the topic at hand.
    Give us some time and I promise that such places will emerge once more...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehaul View Post
    I do however miss some of the towns and RP opportunities that the other NH had offered. I don't have any notes on them anymore though, but I remember in particular the Neon city that never sleeps that had a sinister dark side. There was also a heavy-industrial city that seemed to border on steampunk that had particularly appealed to me.
    Was that when NH was in the Peacemaker administration and the post Peacemaker era?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Was that when NH was in the Peacemaker administration and the post Peacemaker era?
    I can check, I have the notes from that one